One of our most popular lenses is our Almost Lens, an inverted shooting bifocal intended to help crisp up your front sights if you’re no longer seeing them as clearly as you’d like. On one hand this lens is a very simple premise and not something that we really invented. On the other hand, we’ve found a way to innovate and customize a stagnant, existing idea. Genius, we say! In any case, here are a few answers to the questions we receive most frequently regarding the Almost Lens:
– It’s a custom placement, so we’d send you a frame (or a few if you want to try some on for fit and style) and you’d mark it and send it back to us. We’d include a marking kit for you to use, which is a piece of cake.
– It’s a lined bifocal, and the general placement is above your eye, both of which help make sight/target acquisition quick and easy. There’s no more tilting your head back to access the lower portion of your lens, and the lined bifocal gives a large field of view for your near vision so you no longer have to seek out the sweet spot in your progressive.
– We take your given reading prescription and adjust it for the distance from your eye to your front sights. We’ll ask you for this distance measurement, in inches, and we’ll make the accommodation on our end. If you have multiple barrel lengths/sight distances, either take the average or prioritize one of your guns. There’s a few inch margin here so two inches won’t make a difference.
– What else…Most folks go with it only in their dominant eye, but some people put it in both eyes and others do one eye with the shooting bifocal above their eye and in the other eye they put a traditional lined bifocal.
– To order, the best way is to give us a call with your prescription handy. We can talk you through some frame options and get some choices sent out to you for marking.